How to Sell a Home -Fall Home Staging Tips in Harrisburg PA
No doubt, autumn is upon us. The leaves are will soon be turning bright colors of orange and amber and there is an unmistakable crispness in the air. Autumn like spring presents challenges when you consider how to sell a home both inside and out. Therefore, what can you do to make your home look and show it's best? Here are some top home tips on how to sell a home this fall and making it look it’s finest.
1. How to Sell a Home: Create a cozy get a way. Cool days make us think of warm inside and there is no better way to welcome a buyer than with cozy settings throughout the house. Throw a colorful blanket on the sofa to create a cozy sitting area or add fall-scented candles to bring the outdoors in and to create an intimate setting.
2. How to Sell a Home: Focus on the home. Keep seasonal decorations to a minimum so as not to distract buyers from the home's real potential, i.e., add an attractive but simple wreath to the front door or opt for curtains with warm colors and more texture. Another great way to welcome buyers is with some colorful mums planted around the front porch or placed in urns.
3. How to Sell a Home: Create a feeling of a luxury resort. Perk up the décor and create a feeling of being in a luxury resort with fluffy white or cream-colored “hotel” linens. Use rich colorful throw pillows in the living areas and bedrooms. Do not forget the bathrooms where you can layer neutral towels with spicy colored hand towels.
4. How to Sell a Home: Keep it bright. The days are growing shorter, which means less light. Be sure to have enough artificial light to supplement the lack of daylight.
5. How to Sell a Home: Purge a Room. Homes are busy during the summer, especially when the kids are home and stuff piles up. Make sure rooms are purged of summer time activities, e.g., beach towels, sun hats, and picnic items, etc.
6. How to Sell a Home: Warm up a room. Bring the colors of fall inside by adding pine cones, pumpkins, or gourds. Paint a room a warmer color to change the atmosphere.
7. How to Sell a Home: Showcase the fireplace. If there’s a fireplace make sure it is the focal point. It should look clean, functional, and inviting. If it is electric, turn it on during a showing. If it’s a wood burning, stack some logs next to it neatly to give the appearance of readiness.
Harrisburg PA Real Estate Expert
Ken Huebsch: Your premier real estate agent in the Greater Harrisburg area. I am a specialist in Harrisburg real estate as well as the communities of Palmyra, Hershey, and Hummelstown. My wife Leslye and I have a combined 40+ years' experience serving our clients -We KNOW Harrisburg. When you plan to buy or sell Harrisburg area real estate, allow us to work for you. We are dedicated professionals and are here for your success.
For more information on how we can best serve your real estate needs, please complete our online contact form or give us a call. Also, check out what our fabulous clients have to say about us on our testimonials page!
Cell: (717) 514-1793 Email: Ken@KensHomesales.com
Presented by KensHomeSales.com